- Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout the day. Aim for your 6-8 glasses, but listen to your body and don’t overdrink. Cut out gas cooldrinks & replace them with pure H2O. Add lemon, mint, fresh ginger etc. for fun, healthy flavours.
- Exercise for your health. Keep it FUN and make sure it is regular. Commit to an activity that you enjoy and get your body moving. Some ideas to consider are swimming, cycling, hiking, yoga, walking the dog, dance (e.g. Zumba), jogging and gym
- Laughter is the best medicine and great form of exercise. A positive mind and cheerful outlook on life will improve wellness. Laugh out loud & smile!
- Get a good night’s sleep every night. Poor sleeping habits & sleep deprivation impact negatively on your health & well-being
- Make sure you have a healthy diet. Ditch the junk food and choose unprocessed, fresh produce. Try to have a low carb, sugar-free, low salt diet. Have regular, small meals and never skip meals especially breakfast
- Get out into the fresh air every day and enjoy the sunshine. Your body needs a daily dose of Vitamin D, schedule some outdoor activities. Being stuck indoors with aircons & flourescent lighting will impact negatively on your physical & mental well-being.
- Aim for positive thinking. An optimistic approach to life is an effective stress management tool which can also result in improved health. You will start to feel stronger as your confidence and self-esteem increases. You will have more energy as positive thinking often motivates and energises you to achieve things. Ultimately, you can gain peace-of-mind and overall feeling of well-being. So, dump the negative and search for the positive in everything you say & do.
The pharmacy or supermarket shelves have a huge range of products all geared towards solving colon problems which are so common in modern lifestyles. So, the question is which one to choose?
easiHEALTH COLON Capsules offer the benefit of 4 key ingredients: a PROBIOTIC, PREBIOTIC, FIBRE and PEPPERMINT all in one capsule. Instead of having to purchase these necessary ingredients individuall, you now only have to purchase one product. easiHEALTH guarantees quality ingredients with the correct therapeutic dosages. These capsules are manufactured in a GMP approved facility and have halaal certification.
Our colon capsules contain Lactobacillus sporogenes, a probiotic geared towards destroying ‘bad bacteria’ and promoting colon health. You will get the added benefit of a prebiotic, oligofructose, which feeds and maintains these probiotics stimulating their growth and activity. The psyllium husk fibre (Isphaghula) in this formulation acts as a gentle laxative and will assist with the symptoms of diarrhoea and constipation. Most laxatives can be harmful because they make your colon lazy, but this fibre is an effective natural remedy that is widely used.
The medicinal use of peppermint has also been used for centuries to promote optimal digestion and soothing and relaxing the symptoms of bloating, cramping and flatulence. Let our peppermint leaf powder hepl put and end to your discomfort.
easiHEALTH Colon is an ideal probiotic supplement if you are taking antibiotics. There is a risk of diarrhoea when antibiotics, as they can actually hurt by killing of the friendly bacteria that promote a healthy digestive system. If you are looking for quality and affordability, then easiHEALTH Colon is the product for you. You can find it at independent pharmacies nationwide.
easiHEALTH Colon comes in two different pack sizes. If you are looking for value for money then the 90 capsule pack will give you more for less. The handy little 20 capsule jar is ideal for people who are on the go.
This product is nappi coded so you can claim from your medical aid when purchasing it, and it has the support of a number of doctors who are prescribing it for their patients. Make the smart choice and take the best care of your colon with the support of easiHEALTH Colon Capsules.
Yerba maté is not only a balanced stimulant, but it is also gaining popularity in the performance-nutrition market. It may help you feel good but may also improve your health and promote safe, effective fat loss.
Two ways to reduce body fat: reduce food intake or enhance energy expenditure.
Performance benefits of Yerba maté: It may enhance fat loss by triggering a process called thermogenesis (the metabolic rate is elevated, the body generates more heat (energy), the rate the body burns calories is increased and the fat-burning process in enhanced). Yerba mate extracts release xanthines, which trigger the lipolytic process (the first step of thermogenesis). When fat particles are broken down, they are converted into sugar, which creates energy. The elevated sugar level is recognised by the brain, which sends a message to the body that suppresses the appetite and boosts energy.
An important chemical in Yerba maté is mateine – a xanthine alkaloid that seems to possess the best combination of properties. It stimulates the central nervous system but it doesn’t appear to be addictive and doesn’t cause the nervousness and jitters typical of caffeine use. Mateine stimulates the metabolism and converts more calories into energy without the side effects associated with other popular stimulants. It therefore produces a balanced, long-lasting physical and mental stimulation. This makes Yerba maté an ideal agent in the fight against unwanted body fat.
Most research concludes that a dosage of 500 to 1 500 mg daily of Yerba maté is most effective for this powerful fat-loss benefit to be achieved.
About 62 million cases of the common cold occur each year. Children get about 6-10 colds every year, adults on average 2-4 yearly. The common cold is one of the major reasons for doctor visits every year and a leading cause of missed days from school and work. The economic impact of the common cold is enormous. There is currently no cure for the common cold. More than 200 different viruses can cause cold & flu symptoms. A person will not “catch a cold” by being chilled out in cold weather. Indoors is the place where most people probably become infected with these viruses.
When we head towards a change in season and the winter weather is on its way, it is a good time to take action and guard against falling prey to dreaded cold & flu viruses. People with a common cold have a viral infection of the upper respiratory system. The cold symptoms are concentrated in the throat and nose. Typical symptoms of a cold include sneezing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, and runny or congested nose.
During the first three days that you have cold symptoms, you are contagious. Colds have milder symptoms than the flu. The flu is contagious, spreads easier than colds and creates the achiness of muscles with fever, chills and headaches. It affects the entire body versus the cold being concentrated in the throat or nose. Both are caused by viruses.
These viruses enter the body through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes, or mouth. Both colds and flu can have a duration from 4 – 14 days in normal conditions without complications. Flu can lead to serious secondary bacterial infections such as pneumonia or bronchitis. The energy levels of the cold & flu sufferer are low and this affects daily performance, leaving the individual feeling exhausted. Fatigue may linger for up to three weeks in flu sufferers.
Here are some common sense methods to prevent the spread of these viruses and to get relief from the symptoms of colds & flu:
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces regularly as viruses can live for as long as three hours on surfaces and skin.
- Practice frequent and thorough hand washing. Washing your hands can reduce your risk of catching a cold or flu by up to 50 per cent.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. These viruses can become airborne and spread to infect others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as viruses can be transmitted to your own nose if you touch your face.
- Get adequate rest. Your recovery period will be determined by the amount of rest you give to your body. Rest is an excellent opportunity for your body to fix all irregularities and to restore itself. You need to keep up your strength in order to recover without developing complications. Sleep is an important part of staying healthy.
- Eat well so that your body is not deprived of necessary nutrients.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water so that your body has plenty of fluid and doesn’t become dehydrated.
- Minmise stress levels.
- Never take antibiotics to treat colds & flu because they are caused by viruses and antibiotics do not kill viruses. It is the secondary bacterial infections that are often properly treated with antibiotics. Antibiotics may also weaken your immune system in the long run.
The key to a cure for colds and flu’s lies in your body’s immune system. We can either aid or inhibit the immune system by the things we eat, drink or do. A poorly functioning immune system may contribute to frequent cold & flu symptoms. The best solution is to keep your immune system in peak condition all year round. Maintaining a healthy immune system is the primary way to help protect yourself against getting an excessive number of colds and flu. The answer is a combination of proper diet, reduction of stress, moderate exercise, hand washing and liquids in volume. Stay healthy with these lifestyle basics!
easiHEALTH Nutraceuticals has formulated these products to help give additional support in your fight against cold & flu viruses:
easiHEALTH Viral Shield™ is a formulation of immune-boosting cold and flu ingredients which may help your immune system deliver a more potent anti-viral activity. These powerful disease-fighting ingredients may help to shield against viruses and reduce the risk, duration and severity of colds and flu infections. This formulation contains L-Lysine which is an essential amino acid that appears to reduce the severity & frequency of herpes simplex viral infections. It may be effective in accelerating the process of recovery and reducing the frequency of fever blisters (cold sores). Available in 60 Capsules.
easiHEALTH Bronchoshield™ is a cough syrup formulated to have multiple benefits for supporting and restoring the body’s own defense system. Ingredients are chosen to promote the general strengthening, toning and maintenance of the respiratory processes and functions. It contains Ivy Leaf Extract (Hedera helix) which has been used for centuries to naturally support optimal lung and bronchial passageway health. It may help the body fight the symptoms of bronchitis by loosening mucus, relieving cough and improving airflow into the lungs. Available in 100ml.
easiHEALTH Energy Tonic™ may be used as a nutritional supplement and energy booster. It contains Yerba mate which is said to be nature’s most balanced and nutritious stimulant. Available in 10ml sachet, 200ml and 500ml.
The expanding waistline and obesity epidemic is the number one health threat, so easiHEALTH wants to make sure you have enough energy to get moving, burn those calories and maintain a healthy weight!
Overweight people tend to live a more sedentary lifestyle, as physical activities and exercise become difficult due to excess body weight that needs to be carried around. Poor weight management will lead to a lower quality of life as many health issues are linked to obesity and weight gain. These include high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, arthritis, and breathing problems. If you are consuming too many calories and not getting enough physical exercise, this energy imbalance will result in weight gain. You need to manage your weight by including regular physical activity with an eating pattern that includes variety, balance, and moderation.
Metabolism is the process by which your body will convert what you eat and drink into energy. You need to speed up your metabolism with a healthy dose of regular physical activity. When you move you burn calories and exercise will also build muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will use just for body processes like breathing, digestion and blood circulation.
Some of the benefits of regular exercise other than energy balance are weight loss, stronger muscles and bones, lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, a healthier heart and disease prevention. In other words – a healthier you!
You need to learn the art of consuming just the right number of calories for good weight management. It is a bit of a balancing act and takes time and effort. The aim is to take in only as much food and drink as you need to fuel your body’s basic functions, daily activities and exercise (your body composition, sex and age will impact on your required intake). Anything extra will be stored as fat. Your healthiest options as far as foods go are fruits, vegetables (raw where possible), beans, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meats and nuts. Stay away from refined, processed food. As the saying goes, ‘you are what you eat!’.
Once you get your energy balance right and maintain a healthy weight, you will find an improvement in your energy levels, physical health, mobility, general mood and self-confidence. So, take up the challenge – beat the battle of the bulge and you will feel alive and energised.