2015 November 9 by Julie
Looking for a natural sweetener to use as a sugar substitute? Stevia comes from the leaves of the plant Stevia rebaudiana. It has a long history of use in South America where it has grown wild for centuries and been used to sweeten drinks, food & in traditional medicine. Stevia extract can be 200-300 times sweeter than sugar. Nature has given us a powerful combination of a zero calorie sweetener with a plant-based origin.
Stevia extract has some unique properties:
- It is a non-carbohydrate glycoside compound that is calorie free
- It sweetens without triggering a rise in blood sugar
- It won’t cause a sugar rush & crash typical of sugar addiction
- It will increase energy and aid digestion
- It does not cause tooth decay
- It has a long shelf life, can tolerate high temperatures (ideal for cooking/baking) and is non-fermentative
- It passes safety tests for human consumption with flying colours
- It is ideal for people with blood sugar, blood pressure or weight problems
Stevia has a bright future as it becomes accepted as a natural alternative to sugar and the sweetener of the future. It is making a greater appearance in supermarkets and is being widely used in the food & beverage industry.
2015 October 26 by Julie
Too much anxiety takes the fun out of life! Here are some sensible tips for stressed out students.
Be prepared. Develop good study habits. Study at least a week or two before the exam, in smaller increments of time and over a few days (instead of pulling an “all-nighter”). Try to simulate exam conditions by working through a practice test, following the same time constraints.
Develop good test-taking skills. Read the directions carefully, answer questions you know first and then return to the more difficult ones. Outline essays before you begin to write.
Maintain a positive attitude. Remember that your self-worth should not be dependent on or defined by a test grade. Creating a system of rewards and reasonable expectations for studying can help to produce effective studying habits. There is no benefit to negative thinking.
Stay focused. Concentrate on the test, not other students during your exams. Try not to talk to other students about the subject material before taking an exam.
Practice relaxation techniques. If you feel stressed during the exam, take deep, slow breaths and consciously relax your muscles, one at a time. This can invigorate your body and will allow you to better focus on the exam.
Stay healthy. Get enough sleep, eat healthfully, exercise and allow for personal time. If you are exhausted—physically or emotionally—it will be more difficult for you to handle stress and anxiety.
(Anxiety and Depression Association of America)
2015 September 21 by Julie
We’ve all heard the old saying “you are what you eat.” It’s true. Stick to a healthy diet and your body will reflect it by feeling healthy and energized. A poor diet with excess junk foods will prevent your body from thriving and the result will be fatigue, low energy and illness. It is important to understand the connection between your health and your diet and make better dietary choices.
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. A balanced diet means consuming from all the different good food groups in the right quantities – whole grains, fruit and vegetables, protein, dairy, and fat & sugar. The majority of your daily calories should come from fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. The things to limit and avoid are the fatty, sugary, salty and processed foods.
Understand calories. Calories are a measurement, like a cm or a tablespoon. They indicate how much energy is released when your body breaks down food. The more calories a food has, the more energy it can provide to the body. Remember this simple equation – calories in vs. calories out. Eat more calories than you burn, and you gain weight as your body stores the extra calories as fat. Eat fewer calories than you burn and you lose weight.
Within a healthy, balanced diet, a man would need about 2500-3000 calories and a woman 2000-2200 to maintain weight. The amount of energy you need will depend on age, lifestyle (active/sedentary), metabolism and your body size. You will need the help of a qualified dietician/medical professional to determine your specific recommended daily calorie intake.
Become an attentive eater. Pay attention to portion control. Try to make sure half your plate is filled with vegetables and the other 2 quarters is for proteins and starch. Vary your food choices, know what you are eating and then enjoy every mouthful. Notice the smell, taste, texture and colours of the foods you eat. Take the time to chew and digest your food properly. Stop eating when you feel satisfied but before you feel uncomfortably full.
Poor diet and inactivity are the silent killers. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity must not be ignored. Don’t neglect to take this recommended dose:
Adults need at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week. Muscle-strengthening and flexibility training should be done at least twice a week.
2015 July 27 by Julie
- Over time, a chronic energy imbalance can change body weight. If you are consuming too many calories you will gain weight and too few will result in weight loss. Get the balance right. The termcalorie is a unit of energy. In nutrition and everyday language, calories refer to energy consumption through eating and drinking. Remember – you are what you eat!
- There are two ways to reduce body fat. Reduce your food intake or enhance your energy expenditure. Through a process called thermogenesis, your metabolic rate can be elevated, the rate your body burns calories will be increased and the fat-burning process is enhanced. Let easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC trigger this process.
- Are you struggling with weight management and find that you suffer from poor health due to your expanding waistline? If you accelerate your energy levels with the support of easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC, you will maintain a healthy weight and improve your health, mobility, mood and self-confidence.
- The key to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight isn’t about a short-term diet or finding a quick-fix product. It’s an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term healthy eating habits, regular physical activity/exercise, and balancing the number of calories you consume with the number of calories your body uses. Use easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC to support you in this slow and steady race.
- A common lifestyle and health disorder is obesity and we have addressed this issue by formulating a product that can assist with this no.1 health threat. easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC will make sure you have enough energy to get moving, burn those calories and beat the battle of the bulge.
2015 July 21 by Julie
- Yerba maté can help put new life into tired muscles. This traditional South American natural anti-oxidant rich tea is gaining popularity in the performance nutrition market. Try this ingredient for a balanced, long-lasting physical and mental stimulation.
- Yerba maté has been researched as an ideal agent in the fight against unwanted body fat. It is an approved herb in the German Commission E Monographs. This ingredient contains 196 active compounds, 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids and high antioxidant levels.
- Yerba maté contains an important chemical called mateine that stimulates the nervous system but doesn’t appear to be addictive and doesn’t cause the nervousness & jitters typical of caffeine use. The magic of this ingredient is that it stimulates the metabolism & converts calories into energy without the negative side-effects associated with other popular stimulants.
- 1 cup of Yerba maté contains half the caffeine of a cup of coffee, the anti-oxidant content of 3 cups of green tea and the vitamins and minerals of a small bowl of fruit. easiHEALTH uses this powerful ingredient to promote health and well-being.
- easiHEALTH sources Yerba maté from Brazil and we guarantee high quality standardized plant extracts. Our most important challenge is ensuring the safety, efficacy and quality of our ingredients. For a nutritional supplement with all the health benefits of quality Yerba maté, start using easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC.
2015 July 20 by Julie
We live in a fast-paced world full of stresses and demands and because of this, energy products are one of the fastest-growing categories of dietary supplements. Go into any pharmacy or supermarket and you will be spoilt for choice. There are bottles of tonic, energy drinks and energy bars filling the shelves.
It is important to make an informed choice and know what you are looking for. Before you buy anything, you must determine what your needs are. Do you want a stimulant to speed up your metabolism or would you benefit more from a nutritious supplement to fuel your body? Stimulants like caffeine usually just give you a temporary lift. Calories – usually carbohydrates (like sugars) can be easily broken down and absorbed as energy by your body. B Vitamins and amino acids will influence how your body processes the nutrients you eat and converts them into energy. It is important to rule out any medical issues and make sure you develop positive habits with regard to diet, exercise and lifestyle. If you are still struggling with fatigue then supplementation can be a solution to your low-energy problem.
Some questions you should ask when making your choice of energy product – Is the supplement safe, how good is the evidence that the product works and are there any scientific studies to support the use of the ingredients. There are a number of products out there that don’t work at all. Some will give you a temporary energy spike but within hours you will be left feeling fatigued. Others work, but have awful side effects that might be far worse than your symptoms of exhaustion.
easiHEALTH has considered all this very carefully and we have designed a product with a unique formulation. Our ENERGY TONIC contains Yerba maté as the main active ingredient. This is an extract that is gaining popularity as a balanced stimulant that produces a long-lasting stimulation. It is also very nutritious containing 196 active compounds, 24 vitamins & minerals, 15 amino acids and high anti-oxidant levels. There are also trials and research on this ingredient as an ideal agent in the fight against unwanted body fat. To ensure the efficacy of this extract, we have made sure that we have the correct therapeutic dosage. We source our Yerba from Brazil and guarantee a quality extract. We do have added caffeine in this tonic, but in a low dosage. Chromium Polynicotinate is a mineral required for the regulation of blood sugar. It is involved in the metabolism of glucose and is essential for energy. This is the safest and best absorbed form of chromium available. Supplementation with this ingredient has been used successfully to reduce body fat, help build lean body muscle, lower elevated cholesterol and for glycaemic support. Fatigue is one of the symptoms of vitamin B deficiency. We have included these essential nutrients as they help convert food into fuel allowing you to stay energized.
Our tonic has no added sugar and is suitable for DIABETICS and VEGETARIANS. There is also NO ALCOHOL in this product.
easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC is manufactured locally (Cape Town) in a GMP approved facility. It is distributed via wholesalers to pharmacies nationwide with the Medi-Rite group being our largest stockist. You can also buy this product online via iHEAL, the SA online health store. You have a choice of 3 variants – the handy 10ml sachet and the 200ml + 500ml bottles. We pride ourselves in our packaging and like our ingredients; we offer quality as we strive to make this product stand out from the rest. It is also a priority for us to provide a supplement that is safe & effective yet affordable.
2015 July 13 by Julie
Why choose easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC
- Did you know that easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC is safe for DIABETICS and VEGETARIANS and contains NO ALCOHOL. It aims to increase metabolism, aid in the utilisation and breaking down of stored fats while assisting in the support of healthy blood sugar levels.
- For sustained energy it is important that you are getting enough of the Vitamin B micronutrients. They help convert fuel into energy. If you need to supplement your vitamin B intake to fight fatigue and boost energy, then easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC can offer what you need.
- easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC contains 2 fat burners. Yerba maté and Chromium Polynicotinate have been added to this tonic to ensure that your body has the support it needs to maintain a healthy weight and promote energy metabolism.
- If you are looking for quality and affordability, then easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC is the product for you. You can find it at Medi-Rite and independent pharmacies nationwide.
- easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC comes in 3 different pack sizes. If you are looking for value for money then the 500ml bottle will give you more for less. The 200ml bottle is a perfect 10 day supply and the handy 10ml sachet is ideal for people who are on the go.
2015 July 7 by Julie
- easiHEALTH wants to make sure you have enough energy to get moving, burn those calories and maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. We have formulated a tonic that is designed to act as a nutritional substance offering sustained energy levels and a fat burner.
- Are you looking for a balanced stimulant to help lift your energy levels and improve your stamina? Try easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC with Yerba maté to combat fatigue.
- Are you not able to meet your daily energy needs? Get the balance right between energy intake and energy expenditure. Supplement your diet with easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC and make sure you get the vitamins, minerals and other nutritious compounds needed for an active lifestyle.
- An easiHEALTH RECIPE for peak performance – follow a healthy, well-balanced diet including all 3 main nutrients (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats), stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, get sufficient peaceful sleep, stay active with regular exercise, expose yourself to sunlight and lots of fresh air and make easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC your supplement of choice.
- Whether you are a busy executive, overweight student, tired housewife, fitness fanatic or ‘party animal’, we have the tonic for you. Look out for our bright orange easiHEALTH ENERGY TONIC box. You can’t miss it! It has unique energy boosting and fat burning effects.