2015 June 12 by Julie
An easiHEALTH BOOST when you need it most!
It’s official – Winter is here and with the change in weather comes the threat of increased attacks from cold and flu viruses. Are you already feeling under the weather and battling to stay strong and healthy? easiHEALTH has a formulation that ‘packs a punch’ and will give a compromised immune system the support it needs to function at its peak.
In this newsletter we hope to share some information on this product and highlight its many health benefits.
- What is an Immune System?
- easiHEALTH has a supplement for immune support
- Curcumin C3 Complex – Bioprotectant & Super Antioxidant
- Sutherlandia frutescens – a ‘Proudly South African’ medicinal plant
- A few key prevention strategies to survive the flu season
Think positively & be happy J
The easiHEALTH TEAM
WHAT IS AN IMMUNE SYSTEM?
We need to understand the answer to this question before we go any further. Your body needs a system of defence against infection. One definition says it is ‘the processes within your body that protects against disease’. Think of it like your own personal army guarding your body against attacks from invading viruses, bacteria, parasites & fungi. We all have a system that is made up of a network of cells, tissues & organs. This system identifies threats from foreign and harmful invaders. It recognizes & responds immediately by attacking organisms and substances that invade the body and cause disease. It is therefore very important to have a strong system armed with the correct weapons to win the battles against illnesses.
easiHEALTH HAS A SUPPLEMENT FOR IMMUNE SUPPORT
easiHEALTH IMMUNE BOOSTER Capsules have been formulated to offer a comprehensive immune booster with positive benefits in the management of several infectious conditions. It has the added benefit of assisting with wound healing.
By taking one little blue capsule twice a day, you will be giving your immune system the support it needs to increase resistance to infection.
If your immune system is compromised or you just need to increase its health boosting activity, then this product is a natural and effective choice.
AVAILABLE IN 20’s and 60’s
|COMPOSITION:||Dosage per capsule|
|Curcumin C3 Complex®||100mg|
|Grape Seed Extract||125mg|
If you have tried or are using easiHEALTH IMMUNE BOOSTER Capsules, then you might be interested in getting a free sample. Send us a brief testimonial so that we can hear about your experience with this product. Positive & negative comments are both welcome. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CURCUMIN C3 COMPLEX®
You are probably familiar with CURCUMIN (curcuma longa root) commonly known as ‘Turmeric’. It has been used as a spice, food colouring, textile die and it is also a medicinal extract. This traditional Ayurvedic remedy has a long history of use to improve body immunity.
It is a perennial plant and is related to the ginger root family. The extract has a bright orange-yellow colour.
Curcumin C3 Complex® is a patented compound developed by Sabinsa Corporation and we use this standardized extract in our easiHEALTH IMMUNE BOOSTER. The active ingredients are a group of plant substances called curcuminoids (3 main chemical compounds) that protects the cells from free radical damage. The curcuminoids in the turmeric root are responsible for its real health benefits as a “Super Antioxidant” and first of its kind Bioprotectant. This extract has been used in a significant number of clinical trials and research activities.
SAFE, EFFECTIVE & CLINICALLY TESTED
This is one of the most multi-purpose plants in Southern Africa. It is also known as cancer bush/kankerbos, as scientific and clinical studies are being conducted on the plant for its potential use in cancer therapy. It can be recognised by its silvery foliage, bright red flower, balloon seed pod and bitter taste. Related to the pea family, this extraordinary medicinal plant has been used by the Khoi & San as a ‘cure for almost any ailment’. It is indigenous to South Africa and can be found in the Cape (West Coast) and the Karoo amongst other areas. The extract from this healing plant can be used as an immune system booster, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic. It can be considered as a ‘Quality of life tonic’ and appetite stimulant for patients with compromised immune systems. This ingredient may function as an adaptogen (a substance that invigorates & strengthens the immune system, increasing resistance to disease and stress).
A FEW KEY PREVENTION STRATEGIES TO SURVIVE THE FLU SEASON
Try to remember that the key to a cure for colds and flu’s lies in your body’s immune system. You can either aid or inhibit the immune system by the things you eat, drink or do. A poorly functioning immune system may contribute to frequent cold & flu symptoms. The best solution is to keep your immune system in peak condition all year round.
The answer is a combination of proper diet (include lots of brightly coloured fruit & veg), reduce stress (maybe try meditation or yoga), regular moderate exercise with lots of fresh air, frequent hand washing and drink lots of water! With so many health benefits, why don’t you give easiHEALTH IMMUNE BOOSTER a try?
Stay healthy with these lifestyle basics!
We value your feedback and always love to hear from our customers). Join our Facebook page and become an easiHEALTH FAN!
2015 May 28 by Julie
LAST YEAR WE RECEIVED frequent calls about how to support your immune system toward the end of the year. No one likes to get a cold or flu. Recent research confirms many ways we can stay healthy. For example, studies have shown that people with vitamin D deficiency are 11 times more likely to get a cold or flu, while supplementing with vitamin D can reduce colds and flu by 42 percent.
I wanted to share with you some suggestions for staying healthy. There are many simple things you can do and some extra supplements you can take.
Remember, Let Food Be Your Medicine!
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially warmer fluids. With the dryer air inside and out, winter can be a particularly challenging time to stay hydrated! Consuming adequate fluids supports all of your bodies’ functions including the immune system. Make soups and broths (from scratch with fresh vegetables is always best) and have them throughout the week. Drink herbal teas like ginger and echinacea daily. Keep a bottle of filtered water with you at all times. Avoid concentrated fruit juices and sweetened beverages, as the sugar content is harmful for the immune system. If you do drink juice, dilute it with 2/3 water!
- Try a daily saline flush. Along with staying hydrated, flushing your sinuses with mild salt water helps to keep mucous membranes moist which protects you from microbes. You can use a neti pot, or easy to carry plastic bottles that come with saline packets to take with you when traveling or even at the office! Be sure to rinse them well with warm water and soap and air dry between uses. Studies have also indicated that flushing one to two times daily is appropriate and you should not go over this.
- Avoid simple sugars as much as possible! This includes those sweet treats and desserts but also the white flour and refined grain products that turn into sugar quickly. Studies have shown that refined sugars can suppress your immune system for hours after ingested.
- Have protein with each meal. Proteins are the building blocks of the body. This includes your immune and detoxification systems. Organic, clean, and lean animal protein as well as plant-based (legumes, nuts/seeds) proteins are important to get with each meal and snack.
- Add garlic, onions, ginger, and lots of spices (oregano, turmeric) to your meals! Add these to your soups and vegetable dishes, as well as bean dips and sauces. Garlic and onions offer wide spectrum antimicrobial properties.
- Eat multiple servings of colorful fruits and vegetables high in vitamins C, A, and phytonutrients that support the immune system. Choose more leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower), peppers, sweet potatoes, and squashes. Aim for three to four servings of fruits and four or more servings of vegetables daily!
- Get sufficient sleep! We all know sleep restores and heals the body. Without adequate sleep, optimal immune function is next to impossible! Get in a better rhythm and head to bed earlier on those dark winter nights. Aim for seven to eight hours of sleep a night. Incorporating various relaxation and breathing techniques throughout the day to help with stress and allow the mind to rest is also very helpful!
- Get regular exercise. Mild to moderate exercise (for approximately 30-45 minutes) helps boost the immune system. Avoid overexertion such as training for endurance events when you are feeling run down. This will lower your immune defenses.
It is critical to support your immune system through natural means to help prevent the flu.
Supplements for Adult Immune Support
Here is an overview of the vitamins, minerals, and herbs you need and why they are important.
- Multivitamin/Mineral: This is the foundation for any health support regimen. It’s a good way to cover the basic vitamins and minerals your body needs for day-to-day function. If you aren’t on a good mulitivitamin you should get and stay on one. Look for a high-quality, broad-spectrum multivitamin and mineral.
- Vitamin D3: Adequate vitamin D status is critical for optimal immune function and this cannot be achieved without supplementation during the winter months. It is best to get your levels of 25 OH vitamin D checked for accurate dosing. Blood levels should be above 30 ng/dl. However, optimal levels are probably closer to 50 ng/dl for most. Many need 5,000 IU or more of vitamin D3 a day in the winter. Start with 2,000 IU for adults, 1,000 IU for children.
- Buffered Vitamin C: The role of vitamin C in supporting the immune system has long been known. Take 500-1,000 mg throughout the day with meals and snacks.
- Zinc citrate: You can take an additional supplement or consume more foods high in this powerful immune supporting nutrient. Seafood—especially oysters—red meat, and pumpkin seeds are the best food sources. Take 30 mg per day.
- Probiotics: A healthy gut flora supports a healthy gut, a major barrier against pathogens and integral to the immune system. Look for brands that offer several species of good bacteria and contain at least 5-10 billion organisms per capsule.
- Fish Oil (Artic Cod Liver Oil): This old time remedy for good health and robust immunity still stands true! In addition to the good fats, cod liver oil contains additional vitamin A and D for added immune protection.
- 1-3, 1-6 Beta Glucans: Research has shown that these compounds up-regulate the function of the innate immune system. This part of your immune system is the first line of defense against viruses and bacteria. It helps your white blood cells bind to and kill viruses and bacteria.
Note: Patients with autoimmune diseases should not take this.
- Natural Anti-Viral/Anti-Bacterial Herbs: Many herbs have broad-spectrum antimicrobial or immune-enhancing effects. Formulas contain different immune boosters such as astragalus, echinacea, green tea extract, elderberry, andrographis, goldenseal, monolaurin, various immune-enhancing mushrooms, and beta 1-3 glucan.
- Cordyceps and Mushrooms Extracts: These provide immune supporting properties. Cooking with medicinal mushrooms like shitake is also helpful.